Monday 11 June 2007

Service in the UK

I ordered a pair of Sunglasses online last week. I received this email yesterday .... i did what you are not suppose to do and replied straight away. Service in general over here is shite so i decided to reply according. I wonder if and when i'll get my glasses!!!!

------------------------------------
Dear Ben , We are emailing you to let you know that the sunglasses you have ordered are currently out of stock but are due to be delivered to us shortly. We will email once they are in stock and we send them to you. If you would like an alternative colour or model that we can ship to you now please let us know.



Many thanks, The Sunglasses Shop
----------------------------------


Dear XXXXX

I find that completely unacceptable. The sole reason i brought the glasses from your website was that they were in stock. Your price was more expensive than most and you charged for delivery (this would not be an issue if you could provide a reasonable service). You have charged my debit card, waited a week to email me that my order can't be actioned and you have NOT given me a expected date.To add to my frustration i find that if i go back the website, the glasses that i ordered show as 'in stock'. Please explain that one to me......


I do not think it is unreasonable to request my money back in light ofthe facts:

i) i have no idea when i can expect to receive my glasses
ii) It took a week to send an email to advise this
iii) Your website shows them in stock
iv) There is zero acknowledgement of the inconvenience or annoyancethis has caused me
v) If i wanted another model / colour i would of ordered them in thefirst place, i would like the glasses that i ordered

If you are struggling to see my frustration i am more than happy totalk through the issue with someone there to give you a customer viewpoint of your process.

Please advise how i can get a refund or confirm that i will have the glasses before the 18th. Which is 2 weeks from purchase and is themaximum that you allow for delivery if i have read your website correctly.

Regards,

-------------------------------

I await a reponse..

1 comment:

Sue M said...

it is beginning to sound like the service I got about Angelas easter egg!! No response from them at all after 2 emails!! Good luck